Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anonymous Name-Caller Quits Ichabod



fight4God has left a new comment on your post "Here Is My Chance To Grade a Paper from an Anonymo...":

Commenting on this site makes me feel as if I were commenting to Pharisees. So I write poorly and communicate poorly therefore the logical conclusion is that I have poor attitude toward's doctrine? WHAT?!? So what you are saying Greg is that since I struggle with proper English, I therefore struggle with proper Doctrine.

 
That is quite mean Greg. I pity any individual you may counsel who is less gifted than you, or a brother who has deficiencies comes to you. What comfort can you give them. There is no empathy or understanding.



It must be hard being you since according to your words which you write, everyone needs to measure up to you. Sad. Dreadfully sad. How can you even call yourself a servant. When you write against me there is not a single bit of humility there.

1 Timothy 1:15. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of whom I am the worst.

Believe it Greg. You are, just as I am the very ugliest of sinners and Christ died for the both of us. Yet you are so focused on my typing. My grammar. My unintelligible, incomprehensible writing.

You lost a blog reader. And whatever respect I had for you. I remember in Seminary reading about you and your disgust over the brothers making fun of each other. I felt sorry for you. I don't anymore. My brothers love me. We support each other in the ministry.

Luther Rocks says you support Lutheran Orthodoxy, well that may be, but you don't support those who preach it like me and hundreds of others in the WELS.

God's Blessings to you Greg. Farewell.





A first Generation Pastor, proudly serving his flock. Faithfully administering the Means of Grace. Diligently studying the Word.


***

GJ - This melancholy post should remind everyone how the "everyone is forgiven, everyone is saved" people are so anxious to condemn, anonymously.

The WELS pastors act as if they are ferocious, but when asked about their doctrine and practice, they melt like Jello left on a south-facing window sill.

The Wisconsin Sect wants its workers to be passive robots who repeat what they are told.

---



bruce-church (https://bruce-church.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Anonymous Name-Caller Quits Ichabod":

About the WELS speller.

The JW's used to say until recently that JW's ought not pursue a college degree, since that was too worldly (translation: they lose too many members in college). Now, however, they say that a college degree is like a high school degree, so college is allowed, but they say JW's ought not pursue grad school since that's too worldly.

The WELS had a simpler solution to that problem: just don't teach grammar and spelling properly, and they'll never make it to graduate school. That's partly why there's a dearth of doctors in the WELS. Also, they don't teach foreign languages well.

Unfortunately in this world, people use little tricks to separate the smart people from the dumb people, tricks they think are quick and reliable. Spelling and grammar are one, and another is the trick of having someone repeat back a list or a phone number or something, since supposedly if your short-term memory is bad, it doesn't matter whether your long-term memory is bad or good since your rate of learning is impeded by your short-term memory.

Another trick is how good a talker you are, and whether you have brain freeze. When Perry stumbled during a debate, it was all over for his candidacy since people make their judgment on such slight things. Someone objected to this test once saying that if it were true, radio show hosts were smarter than Einstein.

***

GJ - One WELS teacher said that they were forced to pass along the Wisconsin royalty, the children of officials, no matter how horrible they were in academics.

There is a certain pride in being stupid too. It is a way of getting out of any discussions. "I am stupid, but fat." Or - "I don't remember that." Or - "He was appointed by the Holy Spirit, so who am I to argue with God's decision."

Supposedly the Protest'ant split made WELSians suspicious of anyone with intellect, since that group was considered intellectual.

Whatever the reasons, the current attitude of passive obedience is certain to drive away any members or pastors who can think above the repeat-after-me level. Some will be beaten like rented mules and driven away, but others will simply stop showing up. For instance, one alumnus of Wisco will no longer go back because "It's not my school anymore."