Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intrepid Lutherans: Officially Intrepid



Intrepid Lutherans: Officially Intrepid:


OK, so last week I received the Sabre of Boldness award from the editors of Gottesdienst: The Journal of Lutheran Liturgy. This award is given “for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity on behalf of the Holy Church of Christ while engaged in the confession of His pure Gospel in the face of hostile forces and at the greatest personal risk.” You can listen to the audio of the award ceremony on the Gottesdienst Online site.

Whoever nominated me for this award surely overestimated my “gallantry,” as well as the hostility of the forces that oppose me and the rest of us at Intrepid Lutherans. There have been several cases of scoldings, condemnations and synodical shunnings. But as I noted in Ft. Wayne, I’ve received no death threats, nor have I or my children had to go begging bread. And if I were to weigh the friends I’ve lost in the WELS against the friends I’ve gained in the WELS, ELS, LCMS and beyond over the past year and a half of Lutheran Intrepidity, I think I’d still come out ahead.



'via Blog this'

---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Intrepid Lutherans: Officially Intrepid":

"I’ve received no death threats, nor have I or my children had to go begging bread"

No, but they are excommunicating the faithful from your fellowship. They are teaching a false gospel to your fellowship's men, women and children. They are producing homoerotic videos for public consumption in your colleges. They are financially supporting New Age Religion, abortion providing, pantheistic, ecumenical Thrivent with your money. They are telling your fellowship that they must Change or Die.