Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Temperatures To Stay Near 80 for the Rest of October

 Mrs. Ichabod continues to make great suggestions for the garden.
The Calladiums, among her favorites, were a big hit this year.

Sassy and I walked in warm weather at 7:30 this morning. She is as quiet as an LCMS dissenter if Mrs. Ichabod is still asleep. However, discussing the news over coffee gave Sassy license  to bark happily about leaving. I said, "Your fault. You woke up and talked. The silence code no longer counts."

 Calladiums love the shade and show off color all summer.


Sassy got to meet three friends and bark her greetings at Roach the cat. She met a runner who made the mistake and reaching around too much. She saw that as a threat and began warning him with barks and planted feet. I said, "She is just happy to meet you," and got her attention. If I circle my arm around her head, Sassy snaps at me, looking ferocious but smiling. A serious threat would have a bad time with her lightning reflexes.

 These Veterans Honor roses on the altar
were even more stunning at the chiro's office.
The receptionist agreed that she got this vase for her desk.


She played the Go game with me again, holding back and smiling until I chanted "Go, Go, Go." She ran at me and veered off so I could not touch her.

Squirrels are so loaded with acorns that they are walking from her, not running. She gave one the jitters today, closing in on him as he strolled slowly to the tree.

I expect more roses blooming for the next two weeks. We are a bit short of rain, but the warm, sunny days with a cool breeze are great for added blooms from mature roses. Even the neglected roses in the neighborhood are doing rather well.

 People used to ask me, "Do you get tired of donuts?"
No one asks if we get tired of roses. No one does.