Monday, January 1, 2018

A Jolly Message from the Church Mouse Campanologist

I had fun creating this for Church Mouse when we first met
via blogging. 

Dear Dr Jackson,

Thank you very much for the two mentions of my blog over Christmas. I greatly appreciate them and your readers stopping by to read the posts.

I also very much appreciate your support over the years, which has meant a lot to me – and to the blog!

I hope that you, Chris and your family, particularly your grandchildren, had a happy and blessed Christmas.

All best wishes to you and yours for 2018, especially for health, happiness -- and good gardening.

Happy New Year!

Kindest regards

Campanology means the study or enjoyment of bells.
This is Harkness Tower at Yale, one of the best in America.

 More bells at Harkness.

 The exterior of Harkness tower, which is 216 feet tall.


***

GJ - As I wrote earlier, the Church Mouse Campanologist remains one of the most informed, researched, and worthwhile blogs around. 

I would love to list more blogs, but most remind me of the scene in a comedy where a woman is writing at a typewriter. I believe George S. Kaufman wrote it.

The innocent person asks why she is writing. Her answer describes the bulk of blogging today. "This typewriter arrived at our house and I started writing."

That is, pressing the orange publish button on Google blogger does not make one a writer. Inane discussion websites (LutherQuest (sic), ALPB Online Forum, et al.) are only good for copying their banal statements.

Notre Dame is playing LSU, and yet there are 7,700 views on Ichabod today - so far. The opponents would hasten to say, "But the count started last night at 6 PM." True, and that when most of the views happened, about 6,000 overnight. The high levels of viewing encourage me to post more, so I will.