Saturday, May 5, 2018

Another Expression of Gratitude for Luther's Sermons - and for Alec Satin's Lutheran Library


Yet Another Lutheran Layman Wrote:

Dear Pastor Jackson: Congratulations on nearing the completion of your work on the reprinting of Lenker's edition of Luther's  Sermons.  I look forward to purchasing a complete set as well as the GEMS volume, since I no longer have the Baker set I had years ago, along with the Baker HOUSE POSTILS.


It is also important that the works of Krauth, Loy, Stellhorn, Richard, Wolf, Jacobs, Spaeth, Stump, Lenski and others are reprinted; I am aware that some have been.  I noticed that the dogmatics of Revere Weidner and Milton Valentine are back in print, so why not more of the others?

***

GJ - He also expressed great appreciation for all the works published by Alec Satin's Lutheran Library Publishing Ministry.

I set up a folder on my hard drive named Alec. I download the pdfs to that location and read books from there. I have a large monitor named Glau-co-ma, so Mrs. Ichabod and I can read at the same time.

I hear from laity all the time, very seldom from pastors. I get all kinds of spam email because I publish one email address at the top of the page. However, I consign all those offers of $10 million plus - often from the Third World - to the junk folder.


And from another reader

Thank you for posting "The Sayings of Charles P. Krauth".   I have printed it out and putting it in glassine cover with plastic spine for ready reference.    I still enjoy sending snail mail greeting cards and short personal notes.  Always looking for short, thoughtful gems to include, and Krauth's "sayings" will be a welcomed source of inspiration to use   (with attribution of course).